Mayor David R. Wohleben has announced the appointment of Kelly VanDeMark, of 587 Pine St., Lockport, as acting alderman for the Fourth Ward.
VanDeMark was born and raised in Lockport and received her education through the Lockport Public School System. She is a graduate from the University at Buffalo with a B.A. in communications and certificate in public relations.
She was hired into the Management Development Program at GEICO and has held numerous management roles over the past 13 years. Her current role as a business analyst has her managing numerous projects supporting their claims software.
VanDeMark is an advocate and supporter of local organizations that promote growth and provide services to the residents of Lockport, NY. Her involvement includes, but is not limited to:
- She is currently a member of the Board of Governors for the Kenan Center
- She has raised money and awareness for the National Kidney Foundation
- Selected to be a Rising Star for the WNY Chapter of Cystic Fibrosis
- Captain for Relay for Life team to raise money for cancer research
- Volunteered for Lockport’s annual Easter Egg Hunt
Wohleben said that after a public search and interviews of several individuals that expressed an interest in the office, VanDeMark’s qualifications met the unique requirements for the office of alderman. Her analytical background coupled with her desire for the betterment of Lockport are a definite win for the city.