By Alderman Beakman:
Whereas, §183-23 of the Lockport Municipal Code bans overnight parking on city streets between the hours of 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. unless the vehicle owner has received a special parking permit from the City; and
Whereas, the restriction on parking has caused many residents hardship while being of minimal benefit during the warmer months when snow plows do not present a specific need for the good of the City; and
Whereas, the Traffic Advisory Committee has studied the issue and recommends that the Common Council consider a modification to the ban on overnight parking on a trial basis; now, therefore, be it
Resolved, that a moratorium shall be placed on enforcement of City Ordinance §183-23 for a period commencing immediately and ending on November 1, 2022, subject to the following restrictions:
- Only 2-axle passenger vehicles and motorcycles, properly registered and insured, may remain on a city street overnight during the period in question.
- The Highways and Parks Department shall have the ability to designate certain streets for no parking during periods of street cleaning and/or paving, by notices posted in advance. III. The ban on overnight parking within the city limits will remain in effect for the following streets and thoroughfares:
- Main Street/East Avenue from Transit to Washburn Street
- Walnut Street from Transit to Washburn Street.
- West Genesee Street and West Avenue from the city line to Transit
- The restrictions on parking for buses and delivery vehicles set forth in §183-23(D) shall remain in full force and effect during the period covered by the moratorium.
Seconded by Alderman Devine and adopted. Ayes