Nominate A Hero
To quality as an individual to be recognized by the Hometown Heroes Banner Program, honorees must meet the following requirements:
1. One or more of the following:
A) A current county resident;
B) Born in Niagara County; and/or
C) Graduated from one of Niagara County’s school districts, and
2. Serving on Active Duty in the United States Armed Forces, National Guard or Reserves, OR a military veteran (living or deceased) who has served in the United States Armed Forces, National Guard or Reserves who has been honorably discharged.
Those submitting the name of a person for recognition through the Hometown Heroes Banner Program must also provide information to verify eligibility. To process applications, submissions must include:
• Proof of Niagara County residency (past or present) and/or proof of a graduation form a Niagara County school district
– Allowable forms of proof include a copy of a utility bill, driver’s license or diploma
• Verification of military service
– Allowable verification includes a copy of orders or a military ID card for Active Duty servicepersons, or a copy of honorable discharge paperwork (DD214) for military veterans
• High-resolution digital photo or 8″ x 10″ or 5″ x 7″ quality photo of at least 600 DPI
– Photos should be a head and shoulder shot featuring the individual in uniform
Submissions must be printed off and submitted – no electronic submissions accepted.
To learn more, download and submit the application form below, or call Dave Wohleben at 716-471-4394.